Linguine with Creamy Gorgonzola Sauce
- 12oz uncooked linguine
- 1 1/2 cup 1% milk
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (i like it spicy, you can use less)
- gorgonzola cheese, about 1/4 cup, crumbled
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3-4 medium dried fig(s), coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, minced
Cook the linguine according to package directions; drain and keep warm in a large bowl. (I don't do this now that I know how long the other part takes, I do them concurrently. But this is probably a good plan for your first time).
Meanwhile, with a wire whisk, combine the milk, half and half, and flour in a large skillet, blending unitl the flour is dissolved. Add the salt, pepper and cayenne; cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until the mixture is bubbling and thickened, about 5 minutes.
Add the Gorgonzola and Parmesan cheeses to the milk mixture; cook, stirring constantly, until the cheese melts. Stir in the figs and chives. Keep on heat 1 minute longer.
Pour the cheese mixture over the warm linguine; toss to combine.