Thursday, April 30, 2009

Another Reason To Hate Sports Bras

We all know that sports bras are notorious for giving women a "uniboob" - that's old news. I recently discovered another reason to hate sports bras. Normally I would only wear a sports bra at the gym, but yesterday I worked out at the end of the day (rather than the beginning) and went home directly after my workout (without changing clothes.) Much to my chagrin, the seatbelt spent the entire ride home trying to strangle me. I couldn't figure out why suddenly I was getting an unwelcome neck massage from the seatbelt. Had the height setting on the belt changed? Did I raise or lower my seat? Was I suddenly a few inches shorter? I kept yanking it down trying to get it to sit lower across my chest, rather than my neck. A few minutes later it would ride up again. I looked down in exasperation, and that's when I realized. Thanks to the infamous sports bra uniboob, the seatbelt which would normally be resting comfortably between my boobs, just kept sliding off. Not only did my boobs usually keep it from riding up, but they also kept me safer by restraining my whole torso and not just my head! So there it is, in a nutshell. Another reason to hate sports bras.

2 comments: