Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Movies!

So I took a step forward into the 21st century today (a small one) - I joined Netflix . I think it's probably the right move. While occasionally I'll have the month where I only rent 1 movie, far more often Keith and I will rent upwards of 4 or 5 movies in a month. So to counter those months when Keith and I aren't doing a lot of movie watching, I've got a bunch of films in my queue that are just things I want to see (and that he doesn't care about.) So I'm going to give it a shot. I get 2 weeks of free trial, and I'll probably stick it out for another month after that, just to see how well it works for me. I picked the $14.99 plan, where they send you 2 dvds at a time and you can have an unlimited number sent to you in a given month. I'm excited. My list of "movies I need to see" is long and diverse. I'll be happy to start knocking some off the list. Plus they have TV!! Which is great, because recently I've been getting Keith into Buffy the Vampire Slayer (we just finished season 2.) And I was thinking, "Damn, I really can't afford to buy any more seasons of this right now, so what are we going to do?" but now I can just happily borrow it from Netflix! Woo! I'll keep you posted on how it's going, and I'm sure you can also expect many movie reviews to start appearing here. My first 2 dvds are supposed to arrive on Thursday! :-)

No comments: