Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I Slept on it All Night...

...and am actually incredibly excited for this new venture.  I could hardly sleep b/c I couldn't stop thinking about it.  I want to tell this story.  To have a public catharsis, a public examination of all that things that go into the psyche and image-formation of an adolescent and teenage girl, and how those impacts carry through into adulthood.  I am hopeful I'll learn something of myself in the process. I hope too that maybe someone else out there will learn something about themselves.  That maybe in my example some young girl will know to let some hurtful comment slide, or some young woman will let her own hangups go.  But most of all, I hope that at the end I can put it away, heal the scars of childhood, rather than just covering them up.

Watch this space.

No comments: